About Old Songs, Inc.
Old Songs, Inc. is a community arts organization located in the Village of Voorheesville, ten miles west of Albany, NY. Old Songs serves the surrounding community and New York’s Capital District. Our mission is to present a diverse menu of traditional, folk, Celtic and world music to the public and encourage live and participatory acoustically-based music. Incorporated as a non-profit, 501c3 corporation in 1977, Old Songs has successfully presented a year-round, high quality program of concerts, community dances, classes, festivals and educational programs since that time. Our flagship event is the Old Songs Festival, presented each year in June at the Altamont Fairgrounds.
Old Songs owns the Old Songs Community Arts Center in Voorheesville NY, which provides us with a multi-purpose performance venue, classroom, and office space.
Our current Executive Director is one of the founders of Old Songs and is highly regarded in the community. As an entrepreneur and cultural leader, she has partnered with the Board of Directors to establish Old Songs as a solid and vibrant contributor to the quality of life in the Capital District and beyond.
The Executive Director provides leadership, management and a working knowledge of the organization. Old Songs, Inc. programming includes artistic and operational direction of the Old Songs Festival and all other activities, concerts, classes, fundraising, audience development and advocacy for the arts.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and management, and a track record of successful fundraising. S/he must have excellent oral and written communications skills, computer literacy, an entrepreneurial spirit, an ability to work well with others, and be current on fundraising best practices and giving trends.
Old Songs seeks to hire a person with as many of the following skills as possible, in this order of priority:
- Fundraising, including direct solicitation, special event fundraising, grant writing for government, foundation and corporate grants and similar activities.
- Audience development skills, to elevate the profile and increase awareness at our flagship event, the annual Old Songs Festival, and other events, and to build and nurture relationships with partners, schools and community.
- Administration, to conduct the day-to-day business of the organization, including maintenance and care of the building and property, securing licenses and permits, purchasing supplies, renting the building space to appropriate groups, contracting with artists and vendors and other activities.
- Financial Management, to work with the Assistant Director and the Board of Directors to develop and maintain the annual budget and maintain financial stability.
- Artistic Vision, including knowledge and, programming of, performers representing various cultures, traditional singers and musicians, and contemporary singers and songwriters in the field of acoustic music and dance.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full time, year-round exempt position.
Salary commensurate with experience, reviewed annually by the board.
Annual benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, flex time for major holidays and weekend work, as required for programs.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter, resume and contact information by April 9, 2018 to:
If interested, we will request three current references familiar with your work.
Finalists will be invited to Old Songs for a visit and interview.
Start date is negotiable.