Spring into Uke — Ukulele Intensive
Saturday, May 13 starting at 10:00 am
with Stuart Fuchs, Ron Gordon, and Kathleen Hanley
Stu Fuchs is a lifelong musician, award-winning teaching artist blending mindfulness practice and creative play. He has performed gypsy jazz guitar with symphony orchestras and facilitated holistic music clinics worldwide. Stu was awarded a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts for his work bringing healing music to cancer patients. He recorded and toured with renowned sacred chant artist Snatam Kaur, playing on her “Best New Age” Grammy award nominated album “Beloved”.
The workshop will be held in person at the Old Songs building (37 S Main in Voorheesville). Masks recommended. Additionally, if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID (cold, cough, runny nose, flu-like symptoms) at the time of the event, please stay home, and ask for a refund.
- 9:30 am — Doors open, participant check-in.
- 10:15 am — Introductions
- 10:30 am — Workshops — Session 1
- 11:30 am — Lunch Out (of the building)
- 1:00 pm — Workshops — Session 2
- Frailin’ Uke with Ron Gordon
- Beatles on the Uke with Kathleen Hanley
- 2:30 pm — Workshops — Session 3
- 4:00 pm — Concert: A brief sampler from each teacher/performer
- 5:30 pm — Everybody go home and practice!