Molly Mason: Guitarist extraordinaire, who has performed and recorded with a Who’s Who of musicians reviving and creating traditional American music.
Stu Fuchs: Gypsy Jazz, South American Styles, and zen guitarist who has also made a huge impact on the current ukulele revival. He offers a diverse palette of guitar styles including meditative improvisations, classical, Brazilian styles and Django Reinhardt.
Phil Drum: Traditional Blues guitarist who recreates meticulous versions of the 20s–30s finger-picking styles that sound magical in expression and feeling.
Ron Gordon: Teaching and performing traditional flat pick and finger-picking styles, going back to the 1840s to today.
Full Saturday Schedule:
- 10:30—Registration & Introduction
- 11:30—Workshops/Classes, Session 1
- Backing up Traditional Tunes with Molly Mason
- Meditation, Zen, Playing & Practicing with Stu Fuchs
1:30—Workshops/Classes, Session 2
- Gypsy Jazz Technique with Stu Fuchs
- 19th Century Parlor Guitar Styles in American Music with Ron Gordon
- 3:00—Workshops/Classes, Session 3
- Guitar Back up for Traditional American Vocal Styles with Molly Mason
- Blues Guitar of the 20s & 30s for Today’s Guitarist with Phil Drum
- 4:30—Open Mic
- 5:30—Pot Luck Dinner: bring a dish, and/or drink.
- 7:00—Evening Concert